-

Monday, September 21, 2015

Do graphic design and advertising go hand and hand?

While researching my topic I came across a question I’ve always wanted to answer, do graphic design and advertising go hand in hand? So for my first post I’m going to keep it general, I did some research on the question and came across some great points. There is an obvious difference between the two, a graphic designer isn’t a career made just for the purpose of advertising and advertising takes more than just design, but the two have a large overlap. 

This is an image I found from adteachings.com. Do you guys agree with this? Looking at it from a graphic designers point of view I have to say I think this is pretty accurate.




As you can see there the whole advertising bubble is not in the design bubble, for good reason. As I said earlier they are separate fields, so there is part of advertising that doesn’t deal with any design aspects. Advertisements are made to sell products, have a call-to-action, that is the advertising part. Design is there to make the call-to-action better, make it more appealing to the consumers. Without it how do you draw customers in, how are they going to remember your ad unless it has good design?  



No comments:

Post a Comment